you're visitor number

loving them indians...

OMG we won! We won again! We won again against a quality team! I am right now so thrilled at the performance I’ve seen from these young players at the Twenty-20 World CUP. I never in my wildest dreams expected an INDIA vs. PAKISTAN clash and now it’s like fantasy has turned into reality (which does keep hope alive that someday I’d get bitten by a spider and I truly morph into the real SPIDERMAN...).

I mean what a performance by this young team! The funny thing is that while everyone in the country thought there was no freaking chance that INDIA would make it so far, I new from the start this tournament was going to be special. With the absence of so called “senior players” I knew I’d get, no instead, we’d all get, a fresh, young, hungry team. Blow the whistles loud people because “fresh, young and hungry” is indeed what we've got.

Classic encounters phew! First off a draw with the Scots due to rain meant beating PAKISTAN… I was a little unsure about this since PAKISTAN do possess what I’d like to call a killer instinct. But after we cleared past them I knew this tournament was going to be something special, and special it has been!
The big names this young team has knocked up is amazing: PAKISTAN (round 1), ENGLAND & SOUTH AFRICA (round 2), and now AUSTRALIA (semis).

I’m going to take a few moments to credit a few players who according to me have made a great difference to the team (bear with me):

1] SREESANTH –
I love this guy, energetic and aggressive. I don’t care if he gets a million fines slapped on him, as long as he plays hard I’m his fan. He plays tough, he plays like me. He gives the long shouts, he taunts, he looks the opponent in the eyes and he’s cocky and arrogant. I love his attitude.






2] HARBHAJAN –
outstanding at crunch time! He’s all fired up and takes it to the opponent. Gets going with his variations and yesterday I felt he won us the match, because CLARKE can hit baby, can hit it big - unfortunately for him though, HARBHAJAN had other plans.






3] DHONI –
the captain, he’s more like MR. CHARISMA. He’s calm and a great replacement to DRAVID (who I thought sucked because he lacked the killer instinct). He’s great with the bat and great with the gloves. I like his mentality too.








4] YUVRAJ - he's nicked now MR MAXIMUM... hes the entertainer, very passionate about wining (like myself). He does change the game with his hard hitting. i LOVE him.
5] AJIT AGARKAR – this guy probably deserves the most credit to his team wining. As long as he plays we loose – It’s as simple as that. So with him resting his arse on the bench there’s very little chance to hold back the rest. This guy totally sucks!










--
It’s not about wining the finals or loosing it. I am just glad we got our game back, our swagger back. I do hope we win but then I like PAKISTAN too... even match, lets hope a bowl-out again lol.

3 comments:

oye..i like ur blog way more than mine.. m all depressed nw

September 23, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

m gonna link u if u dont mind.. not that anybody reads my blog but still

September 23, 2007 at 1:41 PM  

hey nice blog well written n i also agree wit ur points bout d players

September 24, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home