you're visitor number

Its over, I hereby am stripping my self-proclaimed title of “god” and have once again adopted the more human title of “the juice man”.
Flunking today’s test was a big time reality check. Flunking today has humbled me; it has bought me down from cloud number 9 to earth – a place where nothing comes easy and hard work along with smart work is the only way to the top.

I have always kept a high self-image. I am extremely self-confident (some say over-confident) and I consider my self very smart. So flunking the test was a desperately needed wake up call. It felt like GOD himself knocking on my head, saying, “get on the right track you little SOB, your just wasting the precious time I've given you day dreaming. At this rate you’d end up in prison for street crimes.”
his message rang a loud bell in my ears.

I am really moved by this result and have promised my self to ace the next text (I’ll put in effort next time round). I looked at the questions on the test and i kept thinking to myself, “if I had only spent 2 extra days studying…).
I guess GOD heard my prayers. Instead of 2 days, I now will have 4 months to prepare for the repeat test.

The worst part of it all is the “words of advice” I keep getting from relatives… I feel like screaming out loud and telling them, “I get it! I know I’ve flunked and I will try hard next time”. It’s hard
to listen to the taunts and insults again and again but I cant tell them, “shut up!”, especially since I know these people care for my good.

Whenever I fail at anything
I keep tell myself this: “failure is the stepping stone to success”. I realize one can never truly achieve success without experiencing failure. Thomas Edison (I hope I spelt out his name right) failed 10000 times they say before achieving success. So my failure is just a fraction of that he suffered – but he never lost hope, and I am not going to loose it too.
Failure has given me an opportunity to test myself. One of the greatest pleasures I derive is when I overcome nay-Sayers and obstacles in my way to get to the top. I have my chance now, 4 months is all I got to prepare, because then its time to shine… and shine bright I will. Amen.

3 comments:

yea awesum attitude dude...rite way to go... reallly grown up huh... besto fer ur preparations.... do really well on ur exams

September 26, 2007 at 1:36 PM  

hey buddy gud work....sumthin dat evry1 shud really read especially guys...gud goin boy.keep up da work...cheers!!!

October 19, 2007 at 10:40 PM  

Dear Floyd,

May the good lord always blesss you n kepp u in his mantle of love,care n protection. May all ur failures turn into sucess, may ur steps b light but sure, may all goodwill follow you.....ur faith is ur sucess!

November 8, 2007 at 12:42 AM  

Newer Post Home