you're visitor number

a thought on Pet Dumps

I was watching Seinfeld the other day and I was stunned (my mouth open in utter disbelief) for they had an episode running that I hadn’t seen before – I had thought of myself as being the ultimate Seinfeld fanatic - apparently not so (tears fill my eyes).

The episode was awesome (just as all of Seinfeld is). It had a part where Jerry does some of his stand up comedy. Jerry was talking of how people walk their pets (dogs in particular). He talked of how if there was an alien life form out there, they’d look down upon our planet and think we were the pets watching us pick up our pets’ dumps. Hilarious.

Later in the evening I caught this show on Star World about some invention stuff; I figure its called America’s Top Inventor (and I thought they’d stop at showing anorexic chicks in America’s Next Top Model).
Anyways… one of the “inventors” had invented a mobile ‘poop collector’. The idea was simple – carry the mobile ‘poop collector’ with you while walking the dog and when your dog’s ready to get done with his business, place the collector under him so he can soil in the collector (Are you puking? Is this too disgusting?). Once done, close the top of the ‘poop collector’ and throw way the cup containing the dump in a bin. The ‘inventor’ added that you could train your dog to dump ‘it’ in the collector (however, you would have to be present to flip open and close the case, and more importantly watch the process to place the poop collector exactly under your dog’s… you know…).

Breathe in deep, breathe out deep, and get yourself ample fresh air, for the above paragraph was definitely hard.

“Brilliant”, I thought to myself instantly. The judges however couldn’t laugh any harder at this idea. They sliced the inventor (the guy now had earned the legit tag of ‘inventor’ in my eyes). The judges argued that no one would want to watch the process of the dog going through its ‘business’ – “It’d be a very traumatic experience to watch your dog do it’s business every time”, said one of the judges.
Both the inventor and I were disappointed.

I’ve always loved pets – cats and dogs. Of course I’ve never had pets but I’ve always thought of having a dog or cat (or maybe, just maybe, having both). The only thing holding me back from purchasing myself an adorable and loving pet is the responsibility of taking care of their ‘business’.
Now, as much as I despise getting licked by a drooling tongue or dread over the idea of having testicles rubbing against parts my body (in case of males), but what I just cant imagine myself doing is picking up the damn thing’s dump (I prefer to use ‘dump’ over ‘poop’ so forgive me), especially on the road in front of so many people.
I find it so intriguing that people actually pick up their pet’s dump with a newspaper or shovel (for the ultra gardening freaks), with ease.

The inventor’s mobile gadget did seem real cool and useful at least to people like me that can’t imagine picking up their pet’s dump.

Of course on the Indian streets it is rarely seen that a dog owner picks up his/her dog’s business, but such practice is compulsory in other parts of the world (when the authorities said ‘keep the streets clean’ they weren’t referring to keeping drugs and guns off the streets, they were talking of pet dumps. Now you know.).

I wonder, what’s worse, watching your dog glide his dump into a case and easily disposing the case or letting your dog dump on the street (or garden or worse at home) and then picking it up in your hands?

Go on… give it a thought and then preferably comment (he-he).

Amen people. Live happy.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home