you're visitor number

the Fuck Buddy idea

I figure everyone (except maybe the Pope and my parents) living in the 21st century has heard and more importantly knows the meaning of the term ‘fuck buddy’. However, for all you ‘angels’ out there, a “fuck buddy” is someone that you could have casual sex with whenever you want (at abso-fuckin-lutely no cost, I may add).
Synonym time - A fuck buddy is also referred to as a friend with ‘benefits’.

This post is all about my take on the ‘fuck buddy’ idea.

First of let me lay it down clear, Romance kicks ass! The best thing I’ve ever had is a woman that I was crazy about (notice ‘was’, then notice ‘I was’ which isn’t the same as ‘we were’, hehe). Anyways, being in love is awesome. Now, I know many people go like “love sucks”, or “love hurts” etc. but I just can’t help myself falling in love over and over again (some people refer to this as me being infatuated over and over again, but I know love and I know infatuation).

Why did I have to write the above paragraph? Simple, I like straying off topic and I enjoy wasting your time…

Coming back to the relevant topic...

Cultivating a loving relationship (or relationships) takes a lot of time and effort (Kevin knows, Kevin knows from his multi-tasking past, and I know, I know from my multi-tasking past, and probably you know from your multi-tasking past).
Most of us are busy people; most of us are busy busy people. There’s studying (some of us are still in college or school), or working (for all you people working) or doing both (studying and working) in tandem (I applaud such people), there’s also that time we reserve to sleep, time reserved to watch T.V., time reserved to chill with your friends, etc.
So many activities to take care of and we’re gifted only 24 hours each day – it’s a crime isn’t it?

Most of us don’t really have time for a loving relationship so the idea of satisfying our sexual needs with a casual fuck does seem appealing.

Sex, however, is a very complicated issue; there’s religion, there’s your desire, society’s view on sex, and loads of other factors (ah attraction above all of them, if I may add) that play a very important role on your outlook on sex.

Anyways, for someone that’s open to sex and who is very busy (and a tad bit horny) the idea of a “fuck buddy” is very appealing.

Imagine the scenario: Your extremely busy doing your stuff, you have no time for putting all your effort and commitment into building a relationship but you get the urge to have sex (hormones huh!); you dial a number, call up a friend, and meet up for casual sex. Have sex, more importantly, you have good sex, and when done, say a “thank you” to your friend, leave the room (or wherever you prefer to “do it”) and get back to doing your business – this time completely fresh and feeling good (at least your mind won’t wander like a horn dog).
Sounds good? Sounds bad?

I read an article a while back in the DNA estimating that approx. 76% of college students in North America (U.S.A, and Canada) have at least one friend with “benefits” (the number estimated to be much higher in Europe). In India however, this number is far low. The article however continued that the idea of a fuck buddy does seem very appealing to most Indians (both men and women) but many are afraid to put it to practice for various reasons.
One of the most obvious reasons being the possibility to fall in love with the other friend. “Many people”, according to the article, “feared falling in love with their ‘fuck buddy’ therefore not wanting to develop a casual relationship. Partners often (more often in case of males than females) feel the need to develop a deeper meaning, a deeper relationship. This often leads to the deterioration of the initial friendship between both individuals”.

So remember for all you people out there… the fuck buddy idea is okay to implement if you find it appealing, however, just make sure you and your buddy are strong enough to avoid the urge to look for a deeper and more meaningful relationship.

Also, I feel its best to keep such a relationship anonymous. You don’t want to be bragging about your sex life – makes you seem fake and it’s actually very boring to listen to (unless not asked).

Keep chilling and keep having fun people. More importantly if you’ve read this post feed me your comments.

3 comments:

hmmm.. well i dont know abt the fuck buddy part.. but i do have a couple of friends who have make out buddies.. n i think its kinda cool.. not that i have anything against romance... im da mushiest person alive..
but still, i think a friend with benefits is fun for those times when ur drunk n ummmm.. u knw... in da mood.. *wink*

December 6, 2007 at 9:08 PM  

DEAR FUCKER...
You are my fuckin friend...
And I hope u know thats fuckin true...
No matter what the fuck happens...
I will stand the fuck by u...
I will fuckin be there for u...
When ever the fuck u need me...
To lend a fuckin hand....
To do a fuckin good deed...
So fuckin call on me....
Whenever the fuck u need me...
Fuck, i will always be there...
Even to the bitter fuckin end...

FLOYD UR DA BEST!!!! n this idea of a fuck buddy is so catching up here as well!!!
Cheers!

December 13, 2007 at 2:06 PM  

Hey dude read ur fuck buddy idea its really awesome n very interesting but sadly ppl dont like doin tis kind of sutff in india coz of all d tradition,religion, society's view n shit like tat but as i read frm ur previous comment tat tis idea is catchin up nt at a fast pace but slow n steady pace n i wouldnt mind havin one myself......lol

December 14, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home