you're visitor number

My tests are around the corner and I recently have found myself to be very distracted. I haven’t been studying a lot - I’ve lost interest in practicing the art of cramming. I find myself busy staring at my class books (to show grandma I’m studying) while my mind is on how to get myself rich and make money work harder for me rather than how to get an education and work hard for money.
This though will eventually lead to my miserable performance in the next semester… of course I’ll pass but then I’ll fall short of the standards I’ve set for myself… but I figure its better to allow your mind to wander when it feels like wandering, to allow oneself to think about possibilities other than a life chained to a non-spontaneous 9 to 5 routine.

As I ponder over business thoughts I take sometime to wonder actually how many people keep their mind free to possibilities in life. Robert Kiyosaki’s series of ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’ books and tapes have helped me think of a world where I don’t need to follow the herd mentality but instead can choose to be different from the herd and actually get successful.
According to Robert, we have been programmed (most of us have been programmed) to “study hard, work hard, get a job, save (by living below your means mostly), invest by diversifying”. This is one thought I can relate too since my dad’s been a firm believer of this for age. I’m sure most of us have had people telling us to “study hard, get a job, work hard, save money and invest by diversifying”.
It’s a funny thing that most of the people that tell this are often middle class folk. I call the ‘study hard, get a job, work hard, save money and invest by diversifying’ a middle class thought mentality. The people who preach the ‘study hard… invest’ mantra and the people who follow it are often people who end up way short of being ‘rich’. Being unsatisfied with their efforts, they continue preaching this theory to people they have influence upon (mostly their kids), thereby cementing the middle class mantra to the riches.

Reading ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’ and the other books and tapes in the series, have cemented the belief I’ve always had: ‘getting a job will not get you rich’. I’ve tried to preach this thought myself to many people… but since I have no ‘riches’ (yet) people wont just listen to me. Even though a few rich people actually share their secrets mostly these secrets are not followed by people because of the effective cementing work done by their parents or influencing peers.
It’s not easy to get off the wrong mentality. I strongly recommend people to pick up a copy of Rich Dad Poor Dad; it does make a great informative read.

1 comments:

Very nice article , same thing here :p

July 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home