you're visitor number

damn 'em teasers

First of, who’s a teaser? A teaser, in my dictionary, is someone that leaks out just a little information to get you excited and/or anxious for more, but then takes off going his/her own way or changes the topic to something else, thereby, depriving you on the complete scoop.

I just hate teasers (oh well... not hate-hate literally, despise would be more fitting of a word). I make sure that when someone’s letting me on some scoop, they better be filling me on the whole scoop – for I believe its far better to have no scoop rather than to live with incomplete scoop.

Experience with a teaser:
The other day I had Lionel treating me to great company while on a stroll. We somehow ended up meeting with Agnes (she’s an acquaintance at best - I hope Agnes isn’t reading this or I’m mince meat). Agnes let us in on news that she’s dating someone new - her expression at this moment felt like she expected us to throw our hands in the air and shout out a “whooooooo”. We didn’t, but we boys did want to know the name of her ‘mystery’ man – we wanted the complete scoop.
“No I won’t tell you his name. You people will tell everyone”, she said turning down our request.
“Darn, this chick’s acting a teaser”, I said, in my mind, looking up towards the Almighty in the skies. I knew I wouldn’t be getting the whole scoop from Agnes so, I wanted to leave the teaser, but Lionel wanted otherwise; He pursued his quest to finding the identity of her ‘mystery’ man (it felt like he was on the path that’d lead him to the ‘holy grail’), and soon Agnes began feeding us clues that she assured us would help decipher the mystery of her man.
“He’s my best friend (she was exclusively talking to Lionel, for I was partially disinterested in this conversation, my eyes strayed to women on the road, however, my ears seemed hooked on her ‘clues’)…”, she went on and on giving out more clues, clearly enjoying toying with my boy, Lionel.
I had had enough I couldn’t take it any more. I wanted to leave. I gave Lionel the signal and I guess he had had enough himself so soon we left, unsuccessful in our mission to crack the mystery of Agnes’s man.

Now is it just me or is this frustrating for everyone? Teasers make you feel so powerless apparently preying on your lack of scoop; Agnes’s scoop wasn’t much a deal because neither Lionel nor I consider her as being ‘hot’ stuff.

To all you Teasers out there, you must remember that some people are hot and some news is hot. Depriving us on the complete scoop on such people and news is worse than 3rd degree torture.
Don’t do it! (At least not to me)

However final word – teasing is HOT seduction weapon. You guys out there that can’t get a girl interested in you or vice versa, start being a teaser.

Time out people, I’m off to a break. Take care.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home